This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

High CPU consumption for swi_fc.exe

My cpu consumtion is alway high. High CPU consumption for swi_fc.exe and savservice.exe. these two processes are always in top 10 of CPU consumption. When I open a new browser/browsers it becomes worse and the CPU tanks to 100% making my system unresponsive temporarily. can anyone guide me to some diagnostics so I find out why this is happenning.

see screenshot below for average CPU consumtion

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

It looks like msSense.exe (description says it is part of Windows Defender) is also at play here and is using up a lot of CPU. Can you disable this and see if your CPU numbers are better?

If your CPU or performance still does not change after disabling Windows Defender or MS Security suite, and is still causing your machine to be unresponsive, please follow the recommendations in this KB:

Sophos Central Endpoint: Basic troubleshooting

Thanks,

• Hello,

It looks like msSense.exe (description says it is part of Windows Defender) is also at play here and is using up a lot of CPU. Can you disable this and see if your CPU numbers are better?

If your CPU or performance still does not change after disabling Windows Defender or MS Security suite, and is still causing your machine to be unresponsive, please follow the recommendations in this KB:

Sophos Central Endpoint: Basic troubleshooting

Thanks,

Children