This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to connect outside-of-network endpoints/clients to sophos enterprise console?

Hi guys,

I've been doing a ton of research and am still at a lost on how to proceed.  We currently have Sophos Enterprise Console and endpoints only show up when they are connected to the network either directly or on VPN.  We are having issues because a lot of our users work from home and do not contact the console until they reconnect to the VPN (if at all).  We also have some servers that cannot connect to the VPN.  

How do we get endpoints to contact the console when not connected to the network?  I've read about message relay but still don't completely understand that.  Can someone dummy it down for me, if that's the only way?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It is possible but does require some work.  Would you consider Sophos Central - The cloud based management platform? Then it's all done for you :)

Do you have plans to move to Sophos Central?  If this is a fixed set of assets that are always remote, would it be worth calling sales to see if you could convert some of your existing on-prem licences to Central ones.  I'm not sure this is possible but I would think they would encourage a migration to Central.  It also gives better protection and a more complete EP solution than on-premise.  Could these users be some sort of pilot?

Regards,
    Jak

• It is possible but does require some work.  Would you consider Sophos Central - The cloud based management platform? Then it's all done for you :)

Do you have plans to move to Sophos Central?  If this is a fixed set of assets that are always remote, would it be worth calling sales to see if you could convert some of your existing on-prem licences to Central ones.  I'm not sure this is possible but I would think they would encourage a migration to Central.  It also gives better protection and a more complete EP solution than on-premise.  Could these users be some sort of pilot?

Regards,
    Jak

Children
  • jak said:

It is possible but does require some work.  Would you consider Sophos Central - The cloud based management platform? Then it's all done for you :)

Regards,
    Jak

hi Jak,

We had a demo on Sophos Central and was a bit more costly than what we'd like to spend on it.  I am able to update from a WebCID but that machine is not showing up in our enterprise console.  Any idea why?