This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

About [SAV Interface]

About [SAV Interface].
Is the product different in installer like 32bit version, 64bit version?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello joe foster,

which product? You are posting under Server Protection/UNIX and 32bit UNIX Servers are, well, not exactly common. Anyway as far as the UI (installation and management) is concerned the bitness isn't exposed.

Christian

• Hello Christian,
    Thank you for your reply.

>>which product? You are posting under Server Protection/UNIX and 32bit UNIX Servers are, well, not exactly common.

The configuration is as follows.

Product:Sophos Anti-Virus for UNIX version 9

>>Anyway as far as the UI (installation and management) is concerned the bitness isn't exposed.

Does that mean that the 64-bit version is not published?

Does [SAV Interface] have [Sophos Anti-Virus] with each bit number depending on 32 bit or 64 bit?

• Hello joe foster,

I'm not sure what you mean by [SAV Interface]. Are referring to the SAV Dynamic Interface (SAVDI)?

Generally installation packages (SAVDI for certain platforms is an exception) contain both the 32bit and 64bit binaries, the installer selects the applicable ones. The System Requirements for UNIX don't refer to bitness (it's SAV for Linux 10 that supports 64bit only).

Christian

• Hello Christian.

>>I'm not sure what you mean by  [SAV Interface]. Are referring to the SAV Dynamic Interface (SAVDI)?

I say [SAV Interface] is the following link. [SAV Dynamic Interface] Recognition of the method used before the release.

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/documentation/savi_men.pdf?la=en

The following is the current state of our environment.

>
    >

/opt/sophos-av/lib/libsavi.so -> libsavi.so.3.2.07.367.3

# file /opt/sophos-av/lib/libsavi.so
    /opt/sophos-av/lib/libsavi.so:  ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

>
    >

We need to deal with the system environment to replace it with 64 bit, but from the Application engineer to the [SAV Dynamic Interface]
    It is dependent on whether it is not possible to migrate without changing it.

Therefore, it is not the [SAV Dynamic Interface], it is the circumstance that I wanted to check whether there was 64 bits of [SAV Interface].

• Hello Christian.

>>I'm not sure what you mean by  [SAV Interface]. Are referring to the SAV Dynamic Interface (SAVDI)?

I say [SAV Interface] is the following link. [SAV Dynamic Interface] Recognition of the method used before the release.

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/documentation/savi_men.pdf?la=en

The following is the current state of our environment.

>
    >

/opt/sophos-av/lib/libsavi.so -> libsavi.so.3.2.07.367.3

# file /opt/sophos-av/lib/libsavi.so
    /opt/sophos-av/lib/libsavi.so:  ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

>
    >

We need to deal with the system environment to replace it with 64 bit, but from the Application engineer to the [SAV Dynamic Interface]
    It is dependent on whether it is not possible to migrate without changing it.

Therefore, it is not the [SAV Dynamic Interface], it is the circumstance that I wanted to check whether there was 64 bits of [SAV Interface].

Children
  • Hello joe foster,

I see, SAVI. A long time ago the SDK and documentation were publicly available. 

Also a long time since I've seen a UNIX (AIX) installation of SAV. I just assume that in principle it's similar to the Linux one and that has a 32bit and a 64bit  libsavi.so.3.2.07.368.2 (the 368.2 denotes the Scanning Engine version). The paths in the installer package are /savi/engine/32/ and /savi/engine/64/ respectively. So on a 64bit system libsavi.so will be 64bit. 

Christian

• Hello Christian,

Thank you for everything.

After checking the contents you taught, I will consider it.