This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to remove RMS for Standalone Sophos Anti-Virus?

I need to install standalone Sophos Anti-Virus (ie. not managed by the server) as well as running the installation silently (ie. requires no user inputs).  I am using the installer.sh with automatic option.  How do I actually disable RMS in this case?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Pamela Lee,

as you mention installer.sh (guess you mean install.sh) I assume you're talking about a Linux server, aren't you? May I ask why you don't want to manage the machine(s)?

If you install from the CID (or with a package built on a managed computer) RMS will be included. AFAIK for an unmanaged install you have to use the stand-alone installer. It seems (if I understand chapter 8 in the Free Edition Guide and the article linked hereafter correctly) you have to use Sophos as update source (please see the install.sh additional options article), if you select a CID on your management server it will upgrade to the managed version.

Christian   

• Yes, install.sh for Linux from CID\S000\savlinux.  As RMS is part of the user input to interactive install, I cannot find a flag to do so by feeding in options for install.sh to do the same for the silent install.

• Hello Pamela Lee,

RMS is part of the user input
    sorry, forgot that this is the case. My bad.

deregisterRMS 
    don't have a Linux machine I want to try it on, it might be available only for migrating UNIX servers.

I never used mkinstpkg on an unmanaged machine ... hm ... looking at the installOptions inside savinstpkg.tgz there's an --enableRMS=true ...
    I'm an idiot. Why didn't I suggest mkinstpkg? It has (almost) the same prompts as install.sh (including the one for RMS) and build a small "bootstrap" package.

Christian

• Hello Pamela Lee,

RMS is part of the user input
    sorry, forgot that this is the case. My bad.

deregisterRMS 
    don't have a Linux machine I want to try it on, it might be available only for migrating UNIX servers.

I never used mkinstpkg on an unmanaged machine ... hm ... looking at the installOptions inside savinstpkg.tgz there's an --enableRMS=true ...
    I'm an idiot. Why didn't I suggest mkinstpkg? It has (almost) the same prompts as install.sh (including the one for RMS) and build a small "bootstrap" package.

Christian

Children
No Data