This article describes how to install the standalone version of Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux & UNIX version 9.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s) Sophos Anti-Virus for LinuxSophos Anti-Virus for Unix
Before you start, ensure that your computers satisfy the system requirements for this product.
You can obtain Sophos Anti-Virus either by download from the Sophos website or by performing a managed installation from Sophos Enterprise Console. Note: For instructions on installing the Enterprise Console (managed) version see article 118283.
1. Log in to http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/downloads.aspx with your MySophos username and password. If you do not have a MySophos account please see article 111195
2. Within the 'Standalone Installers' section, select either:
3. Download the relevant tarball for your platform and copy it to a temporary directory. For example /tmp
4. Change to the temporary directory and untar the tarball. For example: cd /tmp tar -xzvf tarball
tar -xzvf tarball
5. Run the install script: ./sophos-av/install.sh
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
7. When prompted for the type of auto-update you require, select 'Sophos'. Enter the username and password that are included with your license. (Note, this is not your MySophos credentials).
For further assistance on installing and configuring Sophos Anti-Virus, please see the Startup Guide and Configuration Guide.
Every comment submitted here is read (by a human) but we do not reply to specific technical questions. If you need technical support please post a question to our community. Alternatively for licensed products open a support ticket.