This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting up an internal update server (permission issues)

Hi,

I am using Sophos Antivirus for Linux version 9. I am trying to setup an internal update server. I have not been able to find any documentation on doing this from Sophos. Right now I am running a simple test with two servers: A and B. A is setup to receive Sophos updates from Sophos through a web proxy, this works as expected. B is setup to receive updates from A, this is where I have problems. Based on what I can infer I believe the right thing to do is serve the /opt/sophos-av/update/cache/Primary directory out using apache. I run into permission errors doing this, if I change the ownership (recursively) on the /opt/sophos-av/update directory to apache:apache it works, but only until the update process on server A overwrites those permission changes. Does Sophos have a guide for setting this up that I have not seen? If not, what is the best way to handle this problem?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jeffrey,

It is not possible to have a Linux Server as an update cache/message relay. 

You can set a Windows server up which can send the updates to other servers - including Linux. This can be managed via Sophos Central.

cheers

Mark 

• Hi Jeffrey,

It is not possible to have a Linux Server as an update cache/message relay. 

You can set a Windows server up which can send the updates to other servers - including Linux. This can be managed via Sophos Central.

cheers

Mark 

Children
No Data