This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

macOS 14 Sonoma

Is Sonoma supported by the current macOS EAP?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hello, 

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, is it possible to add the MacOS 14 (Sonoma) installer to the list of controlled applications? It would be useful to be able to create policies to allow/block the installer from running on devices. 

If there's a different process to ask for this, please let me know. 

Thanks! 

Children
  • Hi Stefan,

Normally we would have created an Application Control identity to block the installer but we've had issues with the last couple of releases due to the way that Apple have delivered the upgrade. It used to be the case that the upgrade was a standalone item that was executed, this we can stop as we can recognise the file and the event. The last couple of upgrades have been "in line" and not something that Application Control could stop.

We are looking again to see if there is a way we can control the Sonoma upgrade using Application Control but right now it's looking like we can't.

Regards,

Darren.

• Thank you for the prompt reply Darren! 

I understand the situation. Hopefully you will be able to figure something out. In the meantime, I will look into a "creative" solution to apply restrictions to update to MacOS 14. 

Best regards,

Stefan C.