Sophos Endpoint and Apple macOS 11 Big Sur

Our Endpoint Protection does not yet support macOS 11 (Big Sur). Please do not upgrade until we announce that we support it. We plan to have an Early Access Program (EAP) available soon so that you can test it on your own machines.
Apple will release macOS 11 on the 12th November, we plan to create an EAP in Central to test this release soon, but do not support it yet.

Central Device Encryption (CDE) for Mac version 1.5.3 does support macOS 11, this was rolled out recently but bear in mind that if you use both Endpoint and CDE you will still need to wait before upgrading to macOS 11.

On-premise customers will also get a version of endpoint protection that is supported on macOS 11 but will not have access to an EAP or Preview ahead of full support.

ARM-based CPUs are not currently supported. They require macOS 11 and additional testing and requirements. Sophos will support ARM-based CPUs, however, the details of that support will be provided at a later date.

Please check this KBA for up to date information: https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000039501?language=en_US

Link to the Big Sur EAP on the Sophos Community

included info for Big Sur EAP
[edited by: FloSupport at 9:50 PM (GMT -8) on 2 Dec 2020]
Parents
  • Home premium appears to be broken on the latest Big Sur update on intel based Macs. I  have downloaded the same update 3 times and it gets to 10 minutes to go and nothing happens. The activity shows the Sophos app as using 100% of CPU for some time. The previous update installed without any issues.

The MAC mini is na i7 6 core 32gb device with 10gb interface.

Looks like I might have uninstall the home premium.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Home premium appears to be broken on the latest Big Sur update on intel based Macs. I  have downloaded the same update 3 times and it gets to 10 minutes to go and nothing happens. The activity shows the Sophos app as using 100% of CPU for some time. The previous update installed without any issues.

The MAC mini is na i7 6 core 32gb device with 10gb interface.

Looks like I might have uninstall the home premium.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children