How to Run the Sophos ZAP Tool

Hi Community, 

In this video Jelan from Sophos Support shows you how to use the Sophos ZAP tool to remove Sophos Endpoint or Server Protection Software from a Windows Device.

More videos available on Sophos Techvids!

Have an idea or suggestion regarding our Documentation, Knowledgebase, or Videos? Please visit our User Assistance forum on the Community to share your feedback! https://community.sophos.com/community-chat/f/user-assistance-feedback

[edited by: FloSupport at 6:06 AM (GMT -7) on 18 May 2021]
Parents
  • Yes, Zap is really a handy tool which was provided to me by Sophos Support lately to cleanup a failed Endpoint Protection installation. But... the tool removes also any other Sophos software, i. e. SSL VPN client and Sophos Safeguard which makes it, well, kinda risky. Is there any way to tell the tool to only remove specific Sophos software and not all of it? That would be very helpful.

• Thank you for your feedback, we'll follow up with our team to share this.

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer | Global Community and Digital Customer Support
    Connect, Engage, Earn Rewards - Join the Sophos Community
  • Hi

Got advice from our team that this tool was designed as to how it currently functions right now and no further plan on changing the way how it runs on the system. We can use this tool as a last resort if the manual removal of the endpoint did not work. 

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer | Global Community and Digital Customer Support
    Connect, Engage, Earn Rewards - Join the Sophos Community
  • Hi ,

thank you for clarifying this. Not what I wanted to hear of course but thanks anyway. Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data