How to Run the Sophos ZAP Tool

Disclaimer: This information is provided as-is for the benefit of the Community. Please contact Sophos Professional Services if you require assistance with your specific environment.

Hi Community, 

In this video Jelan from Sophos Support shows you how to use the Sophos ZAP tool to remove Sophos Endpoint or Server Protection Software from a Windows Device.

More videos available on Sophos Techvids!

Have an idea or suggestion regarding our Documentation, Knowledgebase, or Videos? Please visit our User Assistance forum on the Community to share your feedback! https://community.sophos.com/community-chat/f/user-assistance-feedback

Added Disclaimer
[edited by: GlennSen at 4:02 PM (GMT -7) on 5 Apr 2023]
Parents
  • Yes, Zap is really a handy tool which was provided to me by Sophos Support lately to cleanup a failed Endpoint Protection installation. But... the tool removes also any other Sophos software, i. e. SSL VPN client and Sophos Safeguard which makes it, well, kinda risky. Is there any way to tell the tool to only remove specific Sophos software and not all of it? That would be very helpful.

• Yes, Zap is really a handy tool which was provided to me by Sophos Support lately to cleanup a failed Endpoint Protection installation. But... the tool removes also any other Sophos software, i. e. SSL VPN client and Sophos Safeguard which makes it, well, kinda risky. Is there any way to tell the tool to only remove specific Sophos software and not all of it? That would be very helpful.

Children