Server included in EAP unable to update Sophos Agent via Sophos Central

Hi Sophos Community Team,

May I know if you have previous issues on the past that servers unable to update the Sophos Agent correctly because the servers enrolled in EAP (Early Access Programs)

We file a Sophos support ticket and provide the SDU logs of the server and their initial findings is that Sophos was unable to update because SSE64 was failing to install during the update. We tried their recommendation/steps provided but unable to resolve the issue (Clear local update cache and force an update - https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000036449?language=en_US&name=KB-000036449).

After that the Sophos support team mentioned that the issue with EAP version is not covered by support service and suggested to raise it with Sophos community team who could check with the development team regarding the EAP issues.

Hoping for your response.

Regards,
Matt

Parents
  • Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching us, May we know if you're currently running Sting 2.0 version on your EAP? How Many servers are currently affected right now? Have you tried to remove the server from EAP and install the GA release version of the endpoint on this server? If not? Please try to unenroll the server to EAP. Also, can you turn on your central remote assistance once more?

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching us, May we know if you're currently running Sting 2.0 version on your EAP? How Many servers are currently affected right now? Have you tried to remove the server from EAP and install the GA release version of the endpoint on this server? If not? Please try to unenroll the server to EAP. Also, can you turn on your central remote assistance once more?

Children
  • Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your response.

May I know how to check the current Sting version of our EAP? My central remote assistance already enabled (please refer to case 04807784 for my Unique ID) 

Also, we came up with the following troubleshooting steps below

1. Re-install the Sophos agent on the server manually then reboot.

2. If step 1 not work we will Unenroll/Remove the servers to EAP and trigger the Sophos Agent update via Sophos Central then reboot.

3. If step 2 not work we will do clean re-installation of Sophos agent on the server then reboot.

After performing step 1 the issue was resolved.

May I know if this right way to update the BETA release of Sophos agent (please see below product versions after server update)? Or do you have recommendation or plans in the future, servers enrolled in EAP able to update the BETA release via Sophos Central without any issues? 

*Product versions after update of servers enrolled in EAP using step 1.

Core Agent 2.20.4.1 BETA
     Sophos Intercept X 2.0.24 BETA
     Server Protection 10.8.11.3 BETA
     Managed Threat Response 2.3.0.68

Regards,
    Matt

• Hello Matthew, 

Based on your discussion with Vinod on the case. Please keep us posted. Let us know right away if the issue still remains.