BIG SUR EAP: Known Issues List

Please create a new post in the Discussions section for any questions or comments.

This is a list of Known Issues with the EAP version of the software:

• System requires a reboot after installation:
    • After adding scan extension to full disk access, a reboot is required
    • [Fixed in: 10.0.3] Network extension requires reboot in order to accept inbound network connections
  • Users must allow network extension to add proxy configurations in order for network interception features to function.
  • [Fixed in: 10.0.3] Network extension will experience memory growth while handling non-browser traffic
  • CryptoGuard and scan extension may experience periods of high CPU consumption under heavy load
  • CryptoGuard may be unable to exclude applications that run from the user's Desktop
  • Sophos Central will display “macOS” instead of “macOS Big Sur 11.0”
  • System Extensions might remain after uninstall
  • Endpoints that update through an Update Cache will not be able to update to/install the EAP version

• [Fixed in: 10.0.3] Time Machine backups to network locations fail with message "Time Machine couldn't complete the backup - The disk is already in use"
    • As a workaround, run the backup in Safe Mode
  • [Fixed in: Big Sur 11.2] There is an incompatibility between two APPLE APIs in Big Sur: NEFilterDataProvider and NETransparentProxyProvider
    • Any products that use one API will interfere with products using the other
      • This causes problems with websockets implemented with CFStream or NSStream
    • Our network extension uses NETransparentProxyProvider
      • Until Apple provides a fix to the API - websockets may not function properly if there are two or more products that use these APIs
  • After upgrade to 10.0.3, users might be required to authorize the updated System Extensions (Scan and Network)

updated to the 10.0.3 build
[edited by: Florentino Sanchez at 8:15 PM (GMT -8) on 8 Mar 2021]
Parents
  • Network Web Extension is clashing with Zscaler Client. This can result in a slow start or even in the situation when Zscaler Client unable to connect successfully. 

As soon as I remove Sophos from the device, Zscaler connects fine and it is stable. If I do not enable the extension it is working fine until the next reboot when the extension seems to be enabled without requiring user intervention (since the update to MacOs 11.2). Very inconvenient as I need to run both solutions which results in having to uninstall and reinstall the Sophos client quite often.

• Network Web Extension is clashing with Zscaler Client. This can result in a slow start or even in the situation when Zscaler Client unable to connect successfully. 

As soon as I remove Sophos from the device, Zscaler connects fine and it is stable. If I do not enable the extension it is working fine until the next reboot when the extension seems to be enabled without requiring user intervention (since the update to MacOs 11.2). Very inconvenient as I need to run both solutions which results in having to uninstall and reinstall the Sophos client quite often.

Children
No Data