10.0.3 Update - SophosScanD stopped

Immediately after an autoupdate installed 10.0.3, SophosScanD is now no longer able to run.   When I run the diagnostic tool, it says the System Extensions "Sophos Can Extension" and "Sophos Network Extension" aren't met, but under privacy settings all Sophos services and extensions are checked.

Parents Reply
  • Hi Nicholas,

I understand your frustration, hearing about these incompatibilities is disappointing to us too. The EAP program is so valuable to us for exactly these reasons, we get to hear about issues we wouldn't normally encounter and hopefully engage with customers to help understand them.

As disappointing as they are, these challenges aren't entirely surprising. There are new technologies introduced with Big Sur and these products could be using them in ways that clash, it's even possible that bugs in the OS currently prevent them from working together - as seen with the recently remedied NEFilterDataProvider and NETransparentProxyProvider.

I realize this doesn't help your situation but I assure you that we have team members collating information regarding these incompatible products to aid in our investigation.

Children
No Data