Unplanned Outage: Due to a technical glitch, customers might see higher wait times on Sophos Call Lines. We request for your kind cooperation. Please prefer logging a case via Sophos Support Portal, unless the situation is critical for you.

L2TP VPN and radius

I have a Cyberoam running 10.6.6.MR-2 (latest fw) and am attempting to setup a L2TP VPN authenticated with windows Network policy server (radius) installed on an active directory server.

I have the Cyberoam working with NPS (Cyberoam gives me green tick staus on test completion) I see successful authentication entries in the windows event log. 

I have setup L2TP VPN and tested a windows 10 client authenticating againt the Cyberoam local accounts and this works OK.

However, when I get the windows 10 client to login using the credentials of a user on the active directory server I get the following:

I see no failed events in the windows event logs. Looks to me like its failed within the Cyberom, like its not trying to authenticate to windows radius (NPS)

Parents
  • The solution to this authentication issue can be the radius protocol as a link for remote access. Therefore, radius 2 factor authentication is possible with the generation of a one-time password using unique security parameters, and radius service , in turn, has support for this method of ensuring the reliability of user authorization.

• The solution to this authentication issue can be the radius protocol as a link for remote access. Therefore, radius 2 factor authentication is possible with the generation of a one-time password using unique security parameters, and radius service , in turn, has support for this method of ensuring the reliability of user authorization.

Children
No Data