Our staff spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal with our amazing team members at Sophos.
Up next is Vishal Ranpariya, Senior Technical Account Manager for APAC.
1. Can you tell us about your role at Sophos?I am a Senior Technical Account Manager for APAC. I'm a trusted advisor and customer advocate for assigned customer accounts and the region's Gold and Platinum Sophos Partners.
2. How did you get to the role you're in now?My Sophos journey started in March 2013 as an L1 Technical Support Engineer (TSE), which progressed to an L2 TSE soon after. Since July 2019, I have been in my role as a Technical Account Manager.
3. What inspired you to get into IT and security?In 2008, I came across a movie (Takedown), which drew me towards protective the world from cyberattacks. I was already keen on learning about computer networking concepts, and that movie just encouraged me to pursue a career in IT and security.
4. What do you enjoy most about your role?I genuinely enjoy guiding customers and partners towards the best security practices while troubleshooting any complex situations they may run into.
5. What's something you've done during your time in the organization that you're proud of?While I am proud of most of the work I've contributed to Sophos, I am truly proud of being a mentor to many of my colleagues who are just starting their journey in cybersecurity and guiding them along their career paths.
6. Describe a typical day in your Sophos life.As an L2 TSE, I spend most of my day helping support my colleagues, partners, and customers by answering support engineers and the Sophos Community questions and handling escalated support cases. Along with answering customer queries, I also help mentor and train new staff members.
7. What's the best advice you can give to someone who has just started their career?Be patient and practice perseverance; you'll ultimately reach your goals.
8. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?I'd love to explore the world as a Travel Vlogger.
9. What's a fun fact about you that you could share with the Community?I am guilty of Tsundoku: the art of buying new reading materials but letting them pile up at home without reading them.
10. Have you posted any Recommended Read guides on the Community?I have a few in the works that will be published soon.
11. What are your hobbies outside of work?I enjoy traveling, especially adventurous trips, and meeting new people.
12. What's your motto or personal mantra?If you resist change, you resist life.
13. What's one thing you're really bad at?I have trouble remembering dates and events.
14. What's one thing you're really good at?Helping guide people to their goals.
15. Three words to describe you.Sharp, focused and dedicated.
16. Tell us about where you live (and your journey getting there - if applicable).I live in Ahmedabad, which is in western India and the biggest city of the state of Gujarat. Ahmedabad is well-known for its wide variety of mouthwatering snacks and culture.
17. What's your favorite thing about where you live?The food. I love visiting different restaurants that offer authentic cuisines.
18. What's your favorite restaurant/hang-out where you live?My favorite restaurant is Yanki Sizzlers, well-known for its variety of sizzling sizzlers.
19. Any tips or interesting facts to share with people who want to visit?Ahmedabad is a great place to visit for foodies! If you enjoy different cuisines, it's definitely the place to be.
20. Who's your favorite artist?Tom Hanks
21. Name one person living or dead – who would you have dinner with?Ratan Tata
Hai Nice to Meet you here.
Can we purchase licenses for our own Intel Hardware to deploy at our Small Business Clients? Its very beneficial for IT Services Support Team. Hope it would release soon. Thank you,
We are blessed to have you. I don't think so I have ever came back without any work around or resolution if I have reached Vishal for any Technical/ Product query. Glad that I had a liberty to share & work on same floor with you.
Hi, FormerMemberThank you for being an amazing coworker, This team is a joy to work with.
Hi, Gitesh jangid Thank you for the kind words.
Vishal you inspire us with your passion for work and attitude to take on any issue. It is a privilege to have you as our mentor and such inspiration for all of us.