In our staff spotlights, we get up close and personal with our amazing Sophos team members.
Up next is Novelina Lingbaoan, Customer Care Support L2.
Let's Talk Career
1. Can you tell us about your role at Sophos?
I am an L2 Engineer within the Customer Services team. My role entails supporting my teammates by imparting my technical knowledge regarding the processes within the Customer Care realm. I enjoy assisting with problem resolution, particularly with intricate issues that require collaboration among backend teams and other group members.
2. How did you get to the role you're in now?
I joined Sophos in September 2021 as an L1 Customer Care Engineer. When I became a Sophos Support Team 10 member in 2023, it opened the opportunity for me to be promoted to Level 2 Support.
3. What inspired you to get into IT and security?
I was already working in technical support when a friend referred me to Sophos. I was hesitant at first, but after reading through the overview of Sophos, I became interested in transitioning to a new organization.
I’m glad I got hired. No regrets; I’m grateful.
4. What do you enjoy most about your role?
I enjoy sharing my best practices, imparting my knowledge with my colleagues, and having the opportunity to discuss or analyze critical or known issues with other teams and the management.
5. What's something you've done during your time in the organization that you're proud of?
Being the only Customer Care team member recognized as a Sophos Support Team 10 member for FY23.
6. Describe a typical day in your Sophos life.
I start my day by checking my messages and emails and replying to cases. I assist in supporting teammates with their cases or questions. I also help with escalations and ad-hoc tasks.
7. What's the best advice you can give to someone who has just started their career?
Say "yes" to opportunities that scare you. This could help you build confidence, and you may often find that you can do what you think you can't do.
8. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
I would be a chef.
Role in the Sophos Community
9. What's a fun fact about you that you could share with the Community?
I love watching cooking videos and trying new recipes.
10. Have you posted any Recommended Read guides on the Community?
Not yet, but hopefully, I will in the future.
Who is Novelina outside of Work?
11. What are your hobbies outside of work?
These days, I love being at home decluttering, as I aim to live a minimalist life.
12. What’s something you’re planning on doing in the next year that you’ve never done?
I’ve been wondering what it’s like to travel alone. Maybe I can give it a try next year.
13. What's one thing you're really good at?
I think I’m good at organizing things and cooking.
14. If you could learn how to do anything, what would it be?
I want to learn how to play the guitar and to free dive.
15. Tell us about where you live (and your journey getting there - if applicable).
I live in Pasig City. It’s a large district with a mix of offices and upscale housing, popular for mall complexes in and around the Ortigas Center area. I moved here because of work and have never left the area since.
16. What's your favorite thing about where you live?
Aside from being within walking distance of malls and supermarkets, I feel safe and secure here.
17. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I’m a Customer Support during weekdays, and a Kid’s Teacher volunteer on Sundays.
18. Any favorite line from a movie?
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” — Gandalf.
19. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Power to be invisible.