This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wireless clients cannot communicate if connected to different APs

Hello

I have some APs connected to my SG230. The Wi-Fi network is configured as "Bridge to AP lan". It happens a strange behaviour:

- If client A and client B are connected to the same access point, they can communicate each other, they are pingable.

- If client A and client B are connected to different access points, they cannot communicate, they are no ping visible.

- If client C is connected to wired connection, it can ping both client A and client B.

The issue is not dependent on AP model...

any ideas?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello I have the Same issue my customer has a Printer and a Notebook which are both connected to the same wireless Network.

The Wireless Network is a Separate Zone with Client Isolation deaktivated.

If both Devices are Connected to the Same Accesspoint they can Connect to each other but if they are Connected to different Accesspoints they can’t even Ping each other.

Is there a Solution for this Problem or is it intended? My customer is Calling me every day because he can’t Print from his Notebook.

• Hello,

today I repeated the test, but the issue did not occur anymore. I did not change anything on UTM, but I repleaced the antivirus.

May I ask you which antivirus you have installed on the client? Have you tried to disable the firewall on the machines?

• Hello eclipse79,

im using Panda adaptive Defense 360 and the Windows Firewall on the client allows all Traffic.

In my Setup i have all The Accesspoints in a Separate Network on (eth2) which is only for The Accesspoints, but 1 Accesspoint

is connected trough eth0 could there be a Problem when the Accesspoints are not on the Same Physikal Interface but have the same Wireless Networks.

• Hello eclipse79,

im using Panda adaptive Defense 360 and the Windows Firewall on the client allows all Traffic.

In my Setup i have all The Accesspoints in a Separate Network on (eth2) which is only for The Accesspoints, but 1 Accesspoint

is connected trough eth0 could there be a Problem when the Accesspoints are not on the Same Physikal Interface but have the same Wireless Networks.

Children
No Data