This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WAF on v9.3 for Exchange 2013 on single server/IP/FQDN/certificate?

Hello all,

Is it at all possible to set up WAF on v9.3 for Exchange 2013 OWA, Outlook Anywhere and ActiveSync on the same URL, on one server, a single IP address, and with the same certificate (with only one server name in it)?

I have tried to follow Sophos' official 9.2 pdf guide, as well as https://www.winsec.nl/2013/10/11/publishing-exchange-utm-web-application-firewall/ (taking note of the exceptions in step 5), but I still can't enable the OA virtual webserver.

"The virtual web server domain name 'External (Address):443:mail.domain.com' is already in use by the domain list attribute of the virtual webserver object 'Exchange Services'."

In https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/81/t/65746 one Sabine says that "one domain name can only be used once on the same interface and on the same port number. Otherwise the WAF can not distinguish which virtual webserver to use. That is the background of your error message." That seems logical enough, of course, but I was of the impression that with a clever combination of virtual servers, exceptions and site path routings this is indeed possible.

Is it? Or if not, what is needed? Multiple public IPs? Different URLs? An expensive certificate with several server names in it?

Thanks in advance.

SG 115, v9.309-3, Exchange 2013 CU7.

Regards,
Mr Olrich

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Yes, Please do post your settings.  Did you create two Virtual Servers because you had a cert that you could use, or were you unable to get it to work with a single one?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Yes, Please do post your settings.  Did you create two Virtual Servers because you had a cert that you could use, or were you unable to get it to work with a single one?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data