This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reverse Proxy URL Rewrite / Redirection?

I have a server on the inside of the firewall and as I understand it with:
Webserver Protection
 -Web Application Firewall
  -Site Path Routing

It should be possible to redirect calls in the form:
http://www.mydomain.com/web
to an internal web server defined as a "Real Webserver"

What I don't see (and maybe it isn't suggested or possible - I am not a web admin [:)] ) is if I want to redirect www.mywebdomain.com (external) to internal web.mydomain.local/web.

I have an internal application that seems to only be accessible by /web, but would realllllly like to make it accessible by FQDN.

Thanks for thoughts....

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello, did you ever manage to work round the redirect? :-) I have an web application that I need to access via the net from a form based authentication within UTM, once I authenticate I need the web server to hit the /web "mydomain.com/.../mydomain.com" as it does now.
  • The vendor of the product I was working on ended up providing a cloud portal for the app to check into and sync with, so I didn't have to make a FQDN to FQDN/path redirect after this was done.  The cloud portal brokered the connection back to my internal server.  Not a self contained solution, but in the end it allowed for broader device access and obscured the backend webserver paths.

My assumption from the info above is that an Apache redirect engine will need to be hosted internal to do it.  Good luck!
  • The vendor of the product I was working on ended up providing a cloud portal for the app to check into and sync with, so I didn't have to make a FQDN to FQDN/path redirect after this was done.  The cloud portal brokered the connection back to my internal server.  Not a self contained solution, but in the end it allowed for broader device access and obscured the backend webserver paths.

My assumption from the info above is that an Apache redirect engine will need to be hosted internal to do it.  Good luck!
Children
No Data