This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reverse Proxy URL Rewrite / Redirection?

I have a server on the inside of the firewall and as I understand it with:
Webserver Protection
 -Web Application Firewall
  -Site Path Routing

It should be possible to redirect calls in the form:
http://www.mydomain.com/web
to an internal web server defined as a "Real Webserver"

What I don't see (and maybe it isn't suggested or possible - I am not a web admin [:)] ) is if I want to redirect www.mywebdomain.com (external) to internal web.mydomain.local/web.

I have an internal application that seems to only be accessible by /web, but would realllllly like to make it accessible by FQDN.

Thanks for thoughts....

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That's not possible at the moment. But you can use a rewrite rule on your real webserver's root to redirect traffic to the /web URL.

----------
    Sophos user, admin and reseller.
    Private Setup:

• XG: HPE DL20 Gen9 (Core i3-7300, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD) | XG 18.0 (Home License) with: Web Protection, Site-to-Site-VPN (IPSec, RED-Tunnel), Remote Access (SSL, HTML5)
    • UTM: 2 vCPUs, 2GB RAM, 50GB vHDD, 2 vNICs on vServer (KVM) | UTM 9.7 (Home License) with: Email Protection, Webserver Protection, RED-Tunnel (server)
  • That's not possible at the moment. But you can use a rewrite rule on your real webserver's root to redirect traffic to the /web URL.

----------
    Sophos user, admin and reseller.
    Private Setup:

• XG: HPE DL20 Gen9 (Core i3-7300, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD) | XG 18.0 (Home License) with: Web Protection, Site-to-Site-VPN (IPSec, RED-Tunnel), Remote Access (SSL, HTML5)
    • UTM: 2 vCPUs, 2GB RAM, 50GB vHDD, 2 vNICs on vServer (KVM) | UTM 9.7 (Home License) with: Email Protection, Webserver Protection, RED-Tunnel (server)
Children
No Data