This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Certificate for HTTPS not showing when creating a Virtual Web Server

I am trying to create a new Virtual Web Server in order to direct HTTPS traffic to a website hosted on a internal server.

When choosing HTTPS from the drop down list, another drop down list with available certificates appears in order to choose the appropriate SSL certificate for that domain name.

My SSL certificate in is the form of a .crt file and is provided by GoDaddy. 
I have uploaded through the Certificate Management section (and I can see it there), however, it is not available in the drop down list. I can see other certificates in the list, but not this one.

Is there a specific format for the certs..? This is the only one I have.

Thanks,
Gab

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks Scott & Bob and sorry for the late reply. 

Scott, I've followed the link you gave me and managed to produce a PKCS#12 certificate which I was able to see and chose in the list when creating the Virtual Web Server. 
    I've also test it out and it works fine with the HTTPS traffic (for those searching the forums for this: I am using open-ssl on a windows server; by using the.key file for the domain, I was able to generate the necessary PKCS#12 .pfx file).

However, I am also trying to add the second Virtual Web Server (which is our Outlook Web Access, on 443 as well). When I try to activate this server, I am getting the following error:

"Cannot use SSL certificate 'WebAdmin certificate for yyy.com' for the virtual web server 'yyy.com' on TCP port 123.45.678.111:443 because the virtual web server 'zzz.com' listening on the same TCP port uses a different certificate 'zzz.com'."

I do understand this message (it basically says the both virtual servers are listening on port 443, and they have different certificates for different domain names). Activated separately, they work fine (so I know they are set up correctly), but they will not work together.

I cannot seem to find a solution for this. One of them is Outlook Web Access, which has to be on 443, and the other is an online web store, also on 443 (I could change the port in Apache, but don't want people typing zzz.com:446 to get to the online store...).

What are the options...?

Thanks,
    Gab.
  • Thanks Scott & Bob and sorry for the late reply. 

Scott, I've followed the link you gave me and managed to produce a PKCS#12 certificate which I was able to see and chose in the list when creating the Virtual Web Server. 
    I've also test it out and it works fine with the HTTPS traffic (for those searching the forums for this: I am using open-ssl on a windows server; by using the.key file for the domain, I was able to generate the necessary PKCS#12 .pfx file).

However, I am also trying to add the second Virtual Web Server (which is our Outlook Web Access, on 443 as well). When I try to activate this server, I am getting the following error:

"Cannot use SSL certificate 'WebAdmin certificate for yyy.com' for the virtual web server 'yyy.com' on TCP port 123.45.678.111:443 because the virtual web server 'zzz.com' listening on the same TCP port uses a different certificate 'zzz.com'."

I do understand this message (it basically says the both virtual servers are listening on port 443, and they have different certificates for different domain names). Activated separately, they work fine (so I know they are set up correctly), but they will not work together.

I cannot seem to find a solution for this. One of them is Outlook Web Access, which has to be on 443, and the other is an online web store, also on 443 (I could change the port in Apache, but don't want people typing zzz.com:446 to get to the online store...).

What are the options...?

Thanks,
    Gab.
Children
No Data