This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG135 + AP55 - License expired - How to reset AP55?

Hello everyone,

I received a SG135 and 3 of their AP55 from a customer.

I have access to the UTM, but the license has expired.

Therefore I'm unable to do any changes on the current settings.

How can I reset the AP55 to rebuild the hardware bundle for a new lab environment?

Is it possible to activate a home license to do the reset?

Or does this license delete the settings and then I can no longer access the devices?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Denis,

what do you want to achieve? You do not need to "reset" the APs to build a lab with them.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• In the past I could not bind an AP55 already controlled by another UTM to a new UTM. So I thought I had to reset the AP55 first. Isn't this necessary?

• Depends on the AP configuration. Normally it tries IP 1.2.3.4 Port 2712 if it cannot connect to the (previous) controller as described in the provisioning documentation.

However if everything was configured statically this might not happen. In this case the Sophos flash tool (grab the firmware file from the UTM filesystem) might be necessary - it reflashes the AP removing all previous configuration.

• Thanks for the information.

jprush was kind enough to help me out with a test license.

For whatever reason, the three AP55 were not recognized by my test UTM (VM). They just didn't show up under "Pending APs".

This morning, after activating the expired license on the SG135 (which previously managed these three APs). I was then able to delete them there and They just reappeared on this SG135 under "Pending APs" a short time later.

Only then they were also recognized by my test UTM and I haven't been able to figure out why that was yet.

I had previously tried unsuccessfully to re-flash the three AP55 with the Sophos Flashutility, but the Flashutility didn't recognize them - presumably because they still had running firmware and were able to boot successfully?

Finally, I was able to put the devices into operation in my desired test environment. Many thanks especially to jprush and also to Alan Brand for the help and tips.

• Hallo Denis and welcome to the UTM Community!

The approach in ASG 425 Display with home license might also be helpful.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Reply Children
No Data