This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RDP via VPN ssl remote access

hallo,  
I have a problem. How do I do to allow rdp with vpn?  
pool vpn has been changed, it is 192.168.2.6 and lan 192.168.2.0.  
The ping from vpn to lan doesn't work  

thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Scott, beginning with V7.400, it is no longer possible to use "Internal (Network)" IPs for VPNs.  Alan Toews explained that a bug was fixed and that it never should have been possible.  In essence, when a device on the network broadcasts an ARP query, the query doesn't transit the tunnel, so the device can't respond.

I still think it should be easy to have the Astaro respond with its own MAC address, and that everything could work fine.

Marge, your best bet will be to change back to a "VPN Pool (SSL)" of 10.242.2.0/24.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Scott, beginning with V7.400, it is no longer possible to use "Internal (Network)" IPs for VPNs.  Alan Toews explained that a bug was fixed and that it never should have been possible.  In essence, when a device on the network broadcasts an ARP query, the query doesn't transit the tunnel, so the device can't respond.

I still think it should be easy to have the Astaro respond with its own MAC address, and that everything could work fine.

Marge, your best bet will be to change back to a "VPN Pool (SSL)" of 10.242.2.0/24.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data