This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Initial setup of WAN Interface

Hello folks,

I have a question regaridng the initial setup of the utm on aws.

We created byol utm9 instance and successfully connected to the internal ip adress via Port 4444.

Now I am stuck at configuring WAN Interface.

In AWS the instance has one network interface, with both internal and elastic ip adress.

In UTM Gui there is only the interneal eth0 interface. When I try to add a new interface, I there is no hardware interface to select.

Can you tell me, what I did wrong? Is there anything I missed in EC2/VPN configuration?

Thank you in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Why do you want a separate WAN interface?  What can't you do with the single interface?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

thank you for your reply!

I can not connect to UTM via the public IP-address. I would like to test ssl vpn remote access and need to open the user portal via external.

I am aware of the fact that the aws interface has both private and public ip adresses. But it seems to me that utm is not aware of its public ip address.

In a physical utm I would create a new interface which would be bound to a certain hardware interface. But how to do this in aws utm?

• If you've followed The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz, you should have no problem.  Set to 'Interface Address: Any' on the 'Advanced' tab of both configurations.  I like to set the SSL VPN to UDP 1443 and the User Portal to port 2443.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello,

I solved the problem by terminating my instance and launching a new one.

Guess I have misconfigured something in the beginning.

Reply Children
No Data