This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"License usage: EXCEEDING 110% OF USER COUNT on Sophos UTM"

I'm really confused. I just received this email stating i have like 192 devices on my network.. when i don't? DHCP on my 2012 r2 server shows like 20 IP's were to handed out and most of the time they are not even on. Message in the email says

"This email was sent by your Sophos UTM software to notify
you that you have exceeded 110% of the user count for your license!

Licensed Users/IPs: 50
Counted  Users/IPs: 192

All additional users/ips except the ones listed below will be blocked.
A 10% tolerance has already been deducted."

Can someone explain this to me? Because DHCP most definitely hasn't handed out that many IPs nor do I have that many users.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi,

did someone do a network scan using the wrong IP range, that will run up your licence count? In fact an IP scan will run your licence account.

XG115W - v20.0.1 MR-1 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I did run an IP scan  with AngryIP on my LAN a day or so ago. I had a feeling that might have been the cause, but I don't know enough about networking and how the UTM works to say that was for sure the cause. 

• Basically the UTM count every IP address that it sees and that is what scan is an attempt to locate an address somewhere.

XG115W - v20.0.1 MR-1 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Sean, if you don't mind losing your logs, graphs and reporting data, you can reload from a new ISO and restore a configuration backup.

IMPORTANT: You can restore a 9.408 backup to a 9.409 system, but you cannot restore 9.409 to 9.408.  Be sure you have the right backups and ISO.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA