This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where can I download the Endpoint AntiVirus software that works with UTM 9?

In UTM 9, under Management > Licensing >   Endpoint AntiVirus it shows: Max. Users: 12 ( 10 licensed Users + 2 free Users ) - Where do I download that?

Does Sophos Home work with UTM 9?

Which is better Endpoint AntiVirus or Sophos Home?

If a company purchases a Sophos Antivirus solution (but does not have a Sophos firewall appliance) is there in-house centralized management (like a central console that runs from a server) like there is with Symantec End Point Protect? If so what do I need to ask the sales rep for?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Damon,

you need to enable the Feature under

Endpoint Protection > Computer Management > Global

after that you can download the Agent at the "Deploy Agent" Page.

I do not recommend using UTM Managed Endpoint in Environments with more than 50 Endpoints.

Please note that this is not the "synchronised Security" stuff, it is just UTM Managed (Single point of Configuration).

Sophos Home is a Cloud Managed AV. it works with UTM like Avira or Symantec works with UTM (will work but no benefit)

Sophos UTM Endpoint ist mostly a pattern Based AV with a central management system.

sophos Home (especially in current Premium Beta) gives a lot more protection (simmilar features to Central Endpoint)

check this link

https://home.sophos.com/

if you plan to use Sophos Antivirus without a Sophos UTM Firewall (or > 50 Endpoints) you have two options either use Sophos Central Endpoint (Cloud Based) or use Sophos Enterprise Console (On-Site Management Server).

For more Details you should ask your local Sophos Partner.

Yours Lukas

lna@cema

SCA (utm+xg), SCSE, SCT

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi Damon and welcome to the UTM Community!

Is this for your home or a business?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Home lab - I'm running 2 Sophos UTMs systems on 2 small form-factor PCs, in an HA config.

• Thanks - That's exactly the thing I needed to get me headed in the right direction.

• For sure very confusing having all the various products to provide AV services.

Here's what I was thinking of doing:

1. Using the 12 included licenses that come with UTM for my servers (which are harder to get free licenses for) in my home lab.  Servers, obviously don't do a lot of web browsing and downloads but it's still good to have some protection on them.

2. Using the Home edition on other non-server systems, like workstations/laptops.

The downside to all this is I won't have centralized reporting/management for everything (which is what I really wanted).  But, hey, it's free. So, no complaints here.

3. If I recommend Sophos AV to customers that don't have a Sophos firewall, I will recommend the cloud-based version, which I think is closer to the "Home" edition.

Do I have all that correct?

Also, I would like to know why you say you would limit it to 50? I don't think I'll ever do that but am just curious to know.

• Hi Damon,

you got it correct ;)

on other Option in PM.

the limit of 50 endpoints is based on experience i think the management does not scale well it is not that nice to manage more than 25 to 50 devices and i had some strange effects with larger setups.

lna@cema

SCA (utm+xg), SCSE, SCT

Sophos Platinum Partner