This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint Security and Control configuration settings retention

Using UTM Home Edition running 9.411-3.

Recently implemented  Endpoint Security and Control via the UTM to protect a couple of lab servers. All seems to be working well. Endpoints are visible in the UTM and show "Online" and show a status of "OK". The main compliant is the retention of various configuration settings done on an individual server basis. For example an On-access scanning exclusion gets configured on an individual server. Log back into the server some time later and the exclusion is gone. I see this same behavior when configuring email settings under "Messaging" for individual endpoints.

I don't see the ability to configure any of these settings in the UTM.

What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Just a little bit of clarification. 

I can see in the UTM where to add some types of exceptions. However, I want to add a process exception for the backup process (wbengine). I do not see the ability to do this in the UTM interface. I can do this on the individual server but it does not retain.

I also do not see the ability to set email messaging parameters in the UTM other than the ubiquitous single line item for "Endpoint Virus Detected" in the Management, Notifications screen.  

• Just a little bit of clarification. 

I can see in the UTM where to add some types of exceptions. However, I want to add a process exception for the backup process (wbengine). I do not see the ability to do this in the UTM interface. I can do this on the individual server but it does not retain.

I also do not see the ability to set email messaging parameters in the UTM other than the ubiquitous single line item for "Endpoint Virus Detected" in the Management, Notifications screen.  

Children
  • Hello Dale McKay,

[I'm neither a UTM guy, nor really familar with Home or Central - ESC caught my attention]
    I fear that some (management) features have not (yet?) been implemented - from the docs it seems more like Home than Central. with regard to the Endpoint settings. I assume that policy compliance for endpoints is enforced at regular intervals like in the other products that manage endpoints over the cloud (MCS) - this is why the settings revert after some time.

Christian