This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint cannot install

I am attempting to install UTM 10 Endpoint security to a system that previously had Trend Micro Worry Free Business installed. Trend was uninstalled from the system via Programs and Features and no longer shows in the list of installed programs. When I run the Sophos Endpoint Security and Control Installer it refuses to proceed. The message "...cannot be installed while third-party security software is on this computer (etc)" is displayed.   

Running cCleaner on the registry did not 'fix' the problem. I had to search through the system registry looking for 'trendmicro' and manually delete all those keys. 

After that Sophos Endpoint installed fine. Is this the typical experience when replacing Trend WFB with Sophos Endpoint Security and Control?

~Thanks...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Searching the registry for keys left over after uninstalling Trend Micro Worry-Free Business and deleting those keys allowed Sophos Endpoint to install across all my systems. In this case the search string I used was "worry-free". Problem solved.
  • Searching the registry for keys left over after uninstalling Trend Micro Worry-Free Business and deleting those keys allowed Sophos Endpoint to install across all my systems. In this case the search string I used was "worry-free". Problem solved.
Children
No Data