This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wie kann ich in einer SG115 Windows Update auf Netzwerkebene frei geben?

Hallo,

ich tausche eine Sonic gegen eine Sophos SG

Es gibt keine Freigabe des Internet ohne Einschränkung (User sind in Gruppen), mit einer Ausnahme:

Auf der Sonic habe ich eine Regel Netzwerk > Internet-Any > FQDN:*windowsUpdate.com

Somit können alle PC und Server WindowsUpdates erreichen unabhängig vom angemeldeten User.

Ich finde keinen Weg ausser über die WEBFilter, aber die kann ich auf einer Layer2 Regel nicht als Objekt einfügen.

Hat Jemand eine Idee?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Jörg,

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

I'm not familiar with the SonicWall GUI and how what you show us is implemented.  In the UTM, there's no way to make a Network object that uses a wildcard - only a precise FQDN can be used.

The way this problem is solved by those of us very familiar with WebAdmin is  indeed to use Web Protection.  You might want to read through webfilter transparent mode - ausnahmen für Windows Update.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Jörg,

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

I'm not familiar with the SonicWall GUI and how what you show us is implemented.  In the UTM, there's no way to make a Network object that uses a wildcard - only a precise FQDN can be used.

The way this problem is solved by those of us very familiar with WebAdmin is  indeed to use Web Protection.  You might want to read through webfilter transparent mode - ausnahmen für Windows Update.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data