This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 50 stuck on 'Starting RED'

Hi guys,

we have bought our first couple of RED 50 devices, however we can't seem to get them to work.

They never actually come up, instead their screen just reads 'Starting RED'.

When we look at the UTM, it looks like the RED keeps reconnecting over and over.

I have attached a screenshot of the RED settings.

I have also attached two log files:

• the RED log from the UTM
  • the RED serial console output

I don't see anything special in the serial console output.

But the UTM log file shows some troubling message:
Overflow happened on reds11:0

Missing keepalive from reds11:0, disabling peer 192.168.101.178

After that, it just goes into a reconnect loop, and this keeps repeating:
SELF: New connection from 192.168.101.178 with ID A340073E587C6A5 (cipher RC4-SHA), rev1

A340073E587C6A5: already connected, releasing old connection.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
Or how to get good debug information?

All help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey - I've sorted my RED50 out.. this might help....
    Try pointing it the UTM Host to your external IP (***.***.***.***) vs the DNS hostname...
    My DNS name was pointed to the Internal LAN IP and not the very external / Public IP of the UTM...
    From that moment it was success all the way..
    Funny thing is my RED10's where working fine with the DNS hostname... must be a little difference in code between the two...
    I've now changed my external DNS config to point to the correct public IP - my sleepless nights are a thing of the past!!!
    Worth a crack - let me know if this helps....

Grunta
  • Hey - I've sorted my RED50 out.. this might help....
    Try pointing it the UTM Host to your external IP (***.***.***.***) vs the DNS hostname...
    My DNS name was pointed to the Internal LAN IP and not the very external / Public IP of the UTM...
    Funny thing is my RED10's where working fine with the DNS hostname... must be a little difference in code between the two...
    I've now changed my external DNS config to point to the correct public IP - my sleepless nights are a thing of the past!!!

Grunta
Children
  • Try pointing it the UTM Host to your external IP (***.***.***.***) vs the DNS hostname...

I had already tried that, and I tried it again.

I tried the internal ip, external ip and everything in between...

But no luck... still the same exact problem [:@]
  • Good news... we got our RED50 working...

Our UTM has a lot of IP adresses (internal and external).

We used one of our external IPs which is the only one bound to that interface on the UTM (it doesn't work on interfaces with multiple addresses). We use a DNS record, not an IP.

The IP address we use for our RED10 devices does not work for our RED50, we had to use a different one... weird...

However, the RED50 only works externally, when it's connection from a different location (different internet connection).
    We cannot get it to work internally (when it's behind the UTM), no matter which IP address we try to connect it to.

There is clearly still something wrong... but at least we got it to work from a different location... and that's what we need it for... and I cannot be bothered to keep searching... good luck all!