Astaro useful shell commands.

Hi to All.
I'm opening this thread so any of you which happens to run into useful Shell commands, can add it in here.
My goal is to create a document with many Astaro useful shell commands.
You are welcome to add, remark or reject any of the commands in here.
[:)]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
[unlocked by: BAlfson at 2:53 PM (GMT -7) on 4 Jun 2021]
Parents
  • Hello

Anyone know the shell command for creating a new user in a specified group via shell?
    I would like to create VPN-users with scripts.

Thank you
    ---
    Ok, i found another solution, ignore my posting [:)]
  • Hello, 

This is my first post, sorry if it is obvious or common sense. But I searched for an answer to my question and I am yet to find a decent answer. 

I am trying to find a shell command to list all active IPs on the network. I tried the "/usr/local/bin/count_active_ip.plx --showcount" and it continues to list the IP of my phone even after turning off my phone's WiFi. 

I also tried "arp -a" but it also returned the same IP regardless of the face that the phone is no longer on the network. 

My question is, Is there a way to list only currently connected devices using a shell command ? 

Thank you, 

• Hi Nlaym and welcome to the UTM Community!

You can get the list of active connections for a 10.1.1.0/24 subnet with:

conntrack -L conntrack|grep 'src=10\.1\.1\.'|grep -oP 'src=.*? dst'|sort -n|uniq -c|sort -n

Cheers -Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hey Bob, 

Thank you for the quick and informative reply. Totally appreciated! 

I tried the command and I still saw my phone's IP even after leaving the network for almost an hour. I admit that by that time I didn't continue to look for it. 

My guess is that --please correct me if I am wrong-- that new connections and traffic has to happen for my phone's IP to disappear from that active connections list, right ? 

I must apologize for all the trouble, I am looking for a way to tell when an IP disconnects from the network using shell commands. 

Thanks,

• If you do cc get packetfilter timeouts you will see that the problem is ip_conntrack_tcp_timeout_established which is probably set to 86400 or one day.  The minimum value for this is 7440, 2 hours and 4 minutes.  To make that setting, do:

cc set packetfilter timeouts ip_conntrack_tcp_timeout_established 7440

Short of pinging a specific IP, I don't think there's an easy way to get an answer for something that disconnected less than 2 hours before.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, 

Can some one tell me the shell command to view SMTP Quarantine.

Reply Children