This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vonage configuration

Hi 

I just built and configured my UTM with the home license. I use vonage at home and it stopped working after implementing UTM9. Vonage box is getting the IP address ( I am using DHCP server in the UTM). What VoIP rules do I need to setup to let the traffic through for vonage?  If someone can please give me step by step instructions as I am still learning about the UTM's.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There is an easier solution I have found. Per Vonage website , Vonage adapter can be placed between cable modem and the router/firewall. I tried it and it works well. Basically you connect Cable modem Eth port to the WAN port of vonage adapter and LAN port of vonage adapter to the WAN port or router/firewall. Vonage adapter if a 1 port router and it gives my router the WAN address of 192.168.15.2 . And the router is giving DHCP for the clients connected to the LAN side of the router (192.168.1.1/24 range). The Vonage router management page can be accessed via 192.168.15.1 from my local network ( it has basic firewall, port forwarding settings etc , which I have left them untouched for most part).

Is there anything wrong in using this configuration security wise?

Thanks

• You are creating a double NAT, so there are some issues with IPsec and L2TP/IPsec Remote Access.  It's better to have the public IP on the UTM's external interface.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You are creating a double NAT, so there are some issues with IPsec and L2TP/IPsec Remote Access.  It's better to have the public IP on the UTM's external interface.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data