This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Grindr

Has anyone managed to get the Grindr app for iPhone/iPod Touch to work properly through the firewall?

I've currently got a rule that allows TCP/UDP on any port to any destination on the internet from my internal network, yet it still won't connect.

If I replace my Astaro firewall with the original router I was using, it works without problems, pointing to a problem within Astaro.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • The first place to look is in the packet filter log.  If you still have an issue, check the Intrusion Prevention log.

Cheers- Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I've checked both logs - nothing listed.

However, if I swap Astaro with my original ADSL router, Grindr works fine, so Astaro is blocking something, but I can't find where!
  • I've found it - Grindr uses the same ports as GoogleTalk/Jabber in the IP/P2P protection settings.
  • Thanks for sharing the answer!  It's great when people help others instead of just getting free help.

The IM/P2P control uses the same traffic classifier as IPS, and it sometimes finds false-positives just like IPS.  If you didn't see blocks in the packet filter log, then, I'll guess,  it isn't so much that the same ports are used, but that the traffic pattern looks like GoogleTalk/Jabber.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA