This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

can't access external FTP sites -- HELP!!

I have the latest version of Astaro working perfectly in all respects except one, I cannot access external FTP sites.

Basic setup is, C class for external interface, private range fro DMZ and Internal interfaces. Web browsing working fine.  Transparent proxy enabled.  Masquerading Enabled for both internal and DMZ.

Packet filter rules as follows:

1  { Private Networks - RFC1918 } Any Any Allow  
  2  Any FTP { Private Networks - RFC1918 } Allow   
  3  Any FTP-CONTROL { Private Networks - RFC1918 } Allow   
  4  Any Any { Private Networks - RFC1918 } Deny  

I have been through BB, FQA and manual, and as far as I can tell I have things set correctly (it is a fairly simple environment), but I can't access external FTP sites.  I can see the traffic going out, and then responses coming back at the adsl modem, but they never get to me on the internal network.

Any advice-assistance-references appreciated

thanks
Tony

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Tony,

are there any dropped packets in the PacketFilterLog?

Try to change the operation mode of the proxy
    to normal, for testing purposes.

Regards
    ollion
  • Hi there!

I have the same problem. My ftp connections to the outside are not working as they should. I think that the Astaro does not let the remote site open the data chanel so data can be transferred. It hapens that I can open the connection but when I write a dir or try to get some file it won't come.

Tks
  • Hi there,

Are there any follow-up's on this one? Maybe another thread or did you solve the problems?

I'd like to know because i have kind of the same problem.

I FTP to an external FTP-server. Download initialize perfect but halts at aproximatelly 10kB and wait there for a few minutes. And - if i dont get timeout - sometimes continue loading after that halt but at very unstabile speed.

I have notices that Portscan Detection report port-scanning when i do FTP so i simply turned Scanning of.

Thnx   
  • Hi there,

Are there any follow-up's on this one? Maybe another thread or did you solve the problems?

I'd like to know because i have kind of the same problem.

I FTP to an external FTP-server. Download initialize perfect but halts at aproximatelly 10kB and wait there for a few minutes. And - if i dont get timeout - sometimes continue loading after that halt but at very unstabile speed.

I have notices that Portscan Detection report port-scanning when i do FTP so i simply turned Scanning of.

Thnx   
Children
No Data