This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrade to UTM 9.601-5 firmware doesn't start FW NAT rules on boot

Hi,

I got information from my UTM that a new firmware 9.601-5 was available. I installed it and after reboot I discover that all my NAT rules where not activated ! I had to go on each one and disable/enable them to get back the working setup :(

I did it with some of them and then reboot the UTM: again rules where not applied. Disable/enable them and evrything is OK.

For some rules I didn't apply the "automatic firewall rules" in GUI but had create myself the FW rules: those NAT rules where activated. But for NAT rules with forwarding ports to other physical hosts but *not the host himself and the VMs running on it where the UTM lies* doesn't matter which setup (manual or automatically), I have to activate "automatic FW rules" and disable/enable the rules to get them working.

No need to say that prior firmware versions didn't had this problem.

Does anyone face the same problem and confirm?

Daniel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • HI Everyone

So glad to see this issue confirmed here - I am NOT going mad after all.  We've had some really big problems with this ; causing us embarrasment and our client's outages

I can confirm the same activity on a few dozen of my UTMS - I am not sure what UTM firmware version this started with but I've seen it for a month or two at least. After a UTM reboot I need to DISable / ENable the NAT rules to get inbound NAT traffic started again. Not always ALL NAT rules it seems, can be just one rule out of dozens - I am now so scared to update firmware or reboot it's silly,  as I need to try every NAT rule after a reboot and I have so many UTMs to do this on. 

Last post on this thread was Jun 7th - any updates from anyone yet?

Thanks

Grant AU

• Hello,

yes, I got contact with Sophos support France and them -this week- logs and FW rules before and after a reboot. I'm waiting their comments

Daniel

Reply Children
No Data