Uplink balancing with a faulty uplink

Hey this is my first post.

I'm sitting in germany using vodafone cable and as this is often stopping to work I bought a backup 4g router yesterday and connected it.

I connected the router to the UTM, configured upload balancing, 100 for cable and 0 for the 4g so it's working as a backup. If I set it to standby, ist only reachable when cable is really down, so active/active is the way to go.

So far this is already working, but here is now my problem. Cable is coming up every few minutes for a few seconds, I get the notification email that the uplink is working again, the UTM is trying to route the traffic over cable again and connections are failing.

Therefore I tried to switch the logic and use the 4G as the main connection and set the weight for 4G to 100 and the cable router to 0.

But strangely everytime the cable was working again, my remote desktop connection to the outside world was cut.

The only working solution for me was now, to disable uplink balancing and set the 4G router as the only default gateway. But I want to have it working without manual interference. An optimal solution would be to switch only if the uplink is working for at least 5 minutes or something.

I appreciate some insights Slight smile

Parents Reply Children
No Data