This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Clean exim mail queue manually

Hi 

I had to clean up the mail queue on a multi node cluster manually like:

chroot /var/chroot-smtp /bin/exim -bp | grep "spamuser@spamdomain.com" | awk {'print $3'} | xargs chroot /var/chroot-smtp /bin/exim -Mrm

The mail queue is now nearly empty "chroot /var/chroot-smtp /bin/exim -bp"

But the astaro mail manager still shows a huge spool.
What is to do now?

And no I could not use the mail manager to cleanup, this tool is just impossible to use with thousands of messages in the spool.

And why do I still have thousands of messages in /var/chroot-smtp/spool/input/input/* ? (Sry im clearly not an exim user) and exim -bp shows like 200.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I got a simular situation. A PC on the boardmembers network got infected and startet spamming. The local ASG120 is set to filter outgoing in transparent mode so it has taken a nasty hit.
    Spool says atm around 205000 emails in spool. Mail manager shows nothing..
    Deleting the entire spool queue is not an option.

I dont really care if its not by the book, as long as I can convince exim in a shell to delete all mails from a certain domain "mail.mydomain.com".

The command postet first in this thread returns : exim: no message ids given after -Mrm option
    When I just use "@mail.mydomain.com" in the grep.

Help would be appreciated as the queue grows by the minut and it aint exactly business hours right now.
  • Hi,

I got a simular situation. A PC on the boardmembers network got infected and startet spamming. The local ASG120 is set to filter outgoing in transparent mode so it has taken a nasty hit.
    Spool says atm around 205000 emails in spool. Mail manager shows nothing..
    Deleting the entire spool queue is not an option.

I dont really care if its not by the book, as long as I can convince exim in a shell to delete all mails from a certain domain "mail.mydomain.com".

The command postet first in this thread returns : exim: no message ids given after -Mrm option
    When I just use "@mail.mydomain.com" in the grep.

Help would be appreciated as the queue grows by the minut and it aint exactly business hours right now.
Children
No Data