This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Clean exim mail queue manually

Hi 

I had to clean up the mail queue on a multi node cluster manually like:

chroot /var/chroot-smtp /bin/exim -bp | grep "spamuser@spamdomain.com" | awk {'print $3'} | xargs chroot /var/chroot-smtp /bin/exim -Mrm

The mail queue is now nearly empty "chroot /var/chroot-smtp /bin/exim -bp"

But the astaro mail manager still shows a huge spool.
What is to do now?

And no I could not use the mail manager to cleanup, this tool is just impossible to use with thousands of messages in the spool.

And why do I still have thousands of messages in /var/chroot-smtp/spool/input/input/* ? (Sry im clearly not an exim user) and exim -bp shows like 200.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Raffis, on the lower-right-hand corner of the 'SMTP Spool' page in Mail Manager, you can select a "Global cleanup action" to delete everything.  Were you able to use that to fix your issue?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Raffis, on the lower-right-hand corner of the 'SMTP Spool' page in Mail Manager, you can select a "Global cleanup action" to delete everything.  Were you able to use that to fix your issue?

Cheers - Bob

Not really cause there are messages which I do not want to remove.
    Just need a command to sync the astaro db with the actual exim mail spool.

Cheers - Bob

Not really cause there are messages which I do not want to remove.
    Just need a command to sync the astaro db with the actual exim mail spool.
Children
No Data