This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RBL blocking all mails

Hi everyone,

a customer told us today to add some custom RBLs at his UTM, because he is getting a lot of spam and the "recommended RBLs" are not enough for him.

So I added four RLBs today:

• zen.spamhaus.org
  • psbl.surriel.com
  • sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
  • blackholes.easynet.nl

As soon as I configured it like that, nearly all incoming mails are blackholed as spam, even if their IPs are NOT on any spamlist.

Does anybody know that problem with custom RBLs?

Best regards, Johnny

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The final answer from the Sophos support is here. The RBLs abuseat and spamhaus changed something and they do not work, if you use public DNS servers, like we do with cloudflare. If you want those RBLs and use public DNS servers, you need to create a DNS request route for those specific domains, so that they will be resolved by your local ISP. I don't get it why/how DNS is involved in that, but I did it and now spamhaus is working without any problems.

support.sophos.com/.../KB-000043004

• The final answer from the Sophos support is here. The RBLs abuseat and spamhaus changed something and they do not work, if you use public DNS servers, like we do with cloudflare. If you want those RBLs and use public DNS servers, you need to create a DNS request route for those specific domains, so that they will be resolved by your local ISP. I don't get it why/how DNS is involved in that, but I did it and now spamhaus is working without any problems.

support.sophos.com/.../KB-000043004

Children
No Data