This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9 up2date stuck on version 9.352-6 and pattern 94753

My software based Home UTM 9 is stuck on version 9.352-6 and pattern 94753. The dashboard says I have "3 Update(s) available for download". But when I go to the Up2Date page it says: "Current firmware version: 9.352-6" - "Your firmware is up to date." and "Current pattern version: 94753" - "Your patterns are up to date."

I tried to download and install manually the "u2d-sys-9.353004-354004.tgz.gpg" file from ftp.astaro.com/.../ but... after installation and reboot its still says I have v9.352-6 and pattern 94753 and that I have "I have "3 Update(s) available for download".

So I am wondering if there is a trick to getting up2date (or manual installations) to work again. They have always worked fine in the past on this box and I have been using UTM 9 for several years without issue.

Any help or suggestions would be great!!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • "3 Update(s) available for download" indicates that you have configured "Manual" for 'Firmware Download Interval'.  On the 'Firmware' tab, click on 'Check for Up2Date packages now'.  If you had selected an interval, try toggling it to "Manual" and then back.  Depending on your download speed, you'll need to wait awhile to see what happens.

Cheers - Bob

PS Up2Dates must be applied in order. 9.353004-354004 cannot be applied to a UTM running 9.352.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks for your reply.

Both of the "Firmware Download Interval" and the "Pattern Download/Installation Interval" are both set to "Every 15 minutes" and I have never changed those settings to manual. I can try the switching those to "manual" and back to "every 15 minutes". That would be great if it was that easy!!

Also, under the "Available Firmware Up2Dates" on the "Up2Date' page it says "There are no Up2Date packages available for installation" ... which is obviously is NOT correct.

As for manually attempting to update the firmware...
    I was aware that they need to be applied in order.  I just missed that the patch number was not same on the 9.352 download file as what I my UTM has as the current version. I saw the 9.352006 just jumped to the next file after it. I see now I need to to try to install "u2d-sys-9.352006-353004" before I can try installing "9.353004-354004".

Thanks! I will give those two things a try.

• Last resort is to clear everything in /var/up2date/sys folder with rm * command and to initiate manual up2date with auisys.plx.

Reply Children
No Data