This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ASG 220 rev. 4 memory upgrade

I was checking into upgrading our ASG 220 rev. 4 I bought less than a year ago to the new v9 firmware.  I put our serial number into the hardware refresh page on Astaro’s site to check compatibility. 

It came back with this: 
The ASG appliance with serial number ************ is a 220 rev.4 This unit is not recommended for running Sophos UTM version 9. You'll receive a one-time discount of $300 when ordering a new 220 unit and after you have registered your existing unit by clicking the Register button.

I hope this isn’t true as we purchased this unit Oct 2011, less than a year ago and shouldn’t be needing to upgrade the hardware already.  If it is true I would basically be paying $900+ to add 1GB of ram?  Is it just me or does that sound a little nuts?  Why no supported memory upgrade?  I can easily bump this unit up to 2GB or 4GB with the proper ram but it voids the warranty and support since it is not 'supported'.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Jim Koerner

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data