This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unofficial HCL additions - NICs, RAID Controllers, etc.

Please don't post questions here. Open a new thread if you have a hardware, installation, or other question.

Please note that BarryG has posted a much-more detailed format that I recommend: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/27167.
  I'll leave my thread up for the simpler one-line reports.

If you have confirmed that something does or doesn’t work that's not on the official HCL, please add a post to this thread, mentioning any relevant information, but at least the version of Astaro.  If you have information to add in the future, you can return and update your post.

The next post I’ll add is an example done with a card that we’ve used internally for awhile and is already on the HCL.

Notations:
---------------------------------------------

t/7.501 = 'tested' and works with V7.501

u/7.501 = 'unsupported' – doesn’t work with 7.501

h/7.501 = linkbeat can be checked for High Availability

v/7.501 = VLAN Support

Note that one can EDIT their post later to add changes/corrections instead of posting a 'correction' post.

Please don't post questions here. Open a new thread if you have a hardware question.

Thanks! - Bob

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • We installed this after the Up2Date to 7.305.  No problems with any subsequent version of Astaro.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Appears as: eth0 [ADMtek NC100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100]
    Thanks for starting the thread![:)]
  • Hi, for NICs and SCSI adapters, etc, please mention if available in PCI, PCI-X, PCIe, etc. (or onboard), and a revision or exact model number if available.
    lspci -vv 
    is helpful for finding rev/model information, e.g. my "Intel Pro 1000 MT" PCI-X NIC is listed by lspci as:
    Intel Corp. 82546EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. PRO/1000 MT Quad Port Server Adapter

(and it's t/6.3x, but it's already in the official HCL [:)] )

Thanks,
    Barry
  • Works fine.
    Firmware 20.12.1-0150

"(rev 03)" according to lspci

Hardware SAS & SATA RAID controller, with modes 0, 1, 10, 5

PCIe x8

Battery optional

cheap

Comments: controller would not save a RAID5 configuration until I upgraded the controller's firmware. After that, it's working fine.

Barry
  • There is no longer an official Sophos HCL for the UTM, but the XG HCL is 99% the same for UTM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA