This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

no hddspace for up2date!

hello!

i´ve got a little problem:
i was downloading the updates via up2date service.
when i wanted to install the first one (16) i got this error message:

Up2Date Service
Tue Jan 11 06:37:59 CET 2005

000 System Up2Date failed: Not enough free space under /var/up2date. Available space: 11
Done

what can i do now?
the system is freshly installed, no logs are created, and if, they should be very small...
asl is still a box in my internal network, i wanted to update before i put in on the big bad internet...

i jused asl on exactly the same box before, just added some nics, therefore i installed it new...

and now this strange problem.

can anyone help me please?

greetz from austria,
guybrush

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • What is your version and hard disk size?
  • I said it before.
    The partition should be larger. If you missed a few updates, then you run into problems.
  • I had a similar problem with lots of unapplied updates and full up2date partition.

I overcame this by logging in to ASL with the shell user details, changed to root, navigated to /var/up2date and deleted the files stored there. I then downloaded the updates to PC and installed them by importing the update files.

A pain but it worked.
  • omega is correct and shaunlee has the right idea. 

I had the exact problem and tried to download via the firewall - delete the new versions to install the old one and two at a time. Boy was that a pain. shaunlee's approach is alot easier!  

Hind site is 20 20 huh.  The only problem I had was trying to unzip the files on a windows platform. Winzip didn't like the tar.tar files at all.  I think I used UltimateZip to do it.

Wish
  • Hi,

delete the old update files in the /var/up2date directory. There was a problem in previous versions, which is fixed in 5.017/18. After deleting them, try to download the again. 
    /bagira
  • id tried the "delete-old-updates" solution and it worked fine.
    every single update installed finde. except 5.100
    i installed it even twice, but on webadmin my version is listet as 5.027.
    why is that?

greetz from austria,
    Guybrush