This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to tell what's causing CPU spikes?

Since updating to 9.508-10, I get CPU usage spikes at intervals. I'm thinking this may be a bug which is causing a service to restart but I haven't found anything yet.

The image below shows CPU usage before and after the update (around 09:30):

I've viewed all of the logs but I haven't been able to identify what's causing the spikes.

Any suggestions?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jeff,

I think you should console to UTM (ssh, telnet), log on UTM then check cpu use with command: top

On screen, you can see service are running on system. From that, you know cause CPU spikes.

Hope it can help you

- XG v17 Technician Certificate -

• Hi Jeff,

I think you should console to UTM (ssh, telnet), log on UTM then check cpu use with command: top

On screen, you can see service are running on system. From that, you know cause CPU spikes.

Hope it can help you

- XG v17 Technician Certificate -

Children
  • Huy Vu said:

Hi Jeff,

Hope it can help you

Thanks for the suggestion. I already did that but I wasn't able to pin down the cause from what I was seeing on the screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sophos UTM 9.719-3 - Home User
    Virtual machine on Dell Optiplex 3070
    i3-9100 @ 3.60 GHz, 16 GB RAM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------