This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ZBox 327 Nano - Sophos UTM 9.5 wrong CPU Cores

I hope someone could help me.

I've bought the Zotac ZBOX CI327 NANO with Intel N3450 quad-core 1.1GHz, up to 2.2GHz. Every time i try to install UTM 9.5 or 9.4 with default settings the installation get stuck.

The only workaround was to install the UTM with the option "default nosmp". Everything installs fine but the UTM only shows 1 CPU Core instead of 4. I think the problem is the Kernel of the UTM.

The XG Image recognizes the 4 Cores without a problem, but i want to use UTM.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Ok i found a working solution by myself. Use the Boot option "default acpi=off" instead of "default nosmp". Now everything works fine and all 4 cores are working.

• Hi Alexander,

I also bought an CI 327 Nano and tried the XG Firewall but can't use the internal WiFi Adapter.

Is it possible to use it with the UTM?

Btw. I had the same problem, thanks for your solution.

Best regards,

Stephan

• Hi, Stephan, and welcome to the UTM Community!

The only internal WiFi supported is the Atheros PCI card.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Stephan,

no the internal WiFi Adapter is not recognised with the UTM because it's not supported.

I've bought an Qualcomm Wlan Wifi QCNFA222 802.11a/b/g/n Bluetooth Combo M.2 Card which uses the Atheros Chip. It works fine with UTM but not with XG.

Best regards,

Alex

• Hello Alexander,

when i use boot option "default acpi=off" on installation process of UTM on zbox 327 nano, i see 4 cpu but system clock is very quick. for example system date and time is 2-3 time quickly then normal.

when i used option "default nosmp" i see only one cpu, but system clock is OK. Are you sure, that your system is OK? for example you may try type on ssh command line: "watch -n 1 date" and you see, that time is much more quick then normal.