This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Udpxy package?

Hello,

Fighting with IPTV for a while, I finally got igmpproxy working on my 9.1 UTM (Thanks the german forum!)

No luck, I got my IPTV working, but this is broadcasting any requested Stream to the lan, which may kill my wifi...

I would like therefore to try using udpxy instead of igmpproxy, as this should be avoiding the broadcast issue. I have to admit being a linux unexperimented user, so would appreciate if someone could post a compiled version of udpxy (ideally 64 bits) so i can play with it...

Thanks in advance!

Félix

PS: If someone got a way to avoid broadcast on an igmpproxy config instead, I would be happy with it, too [:)]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,
    Everything seems to be working fine so far, I just have a small problem...
    My udpxy is starting fine at boot, however I need to add the equivalent of this to my rules to make it work (it is not taken into account from my startup script - why?):

iptables -A INPUT -p igmp -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp -d 224.0.0.0/4 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT -p 2 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I OUTPUT -p 2 -j ACCEPT

I tried to create a script with that and add it to /etc/crontab-static, with no luck...
    Can someone help me on that? How could I create equivalent rules in the firewall, or anywhere else in the GUI? Or how can I add it to a cron?

I do have TV working now, but it requires me to log on as root and manually run the iptables command, I'd like to have this run after the GUI is available, or on a cron every x minutes so it will apply shortly after rebooot...

TIA
    Félix
  • Hello,
    Everything seems to be working fine so far, I just have a small problem...
    My udpxy is starting fine at boot, however I need to add the equivalent of this to my rules to make it work (it is not taken into account from my startup script - why?):

iptables -A INPUT -p igmp -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp -d 224.0.0.0/4 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT -p 2 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I OUTPUT -p 2 -j ACCEPT

I tried to create a script with that and add it to /etc/crontab-static, with no luck...
    Can someone help me on that? How could I create equivalent rules in the firewall, or anywhere else in the GUI? Or how can I add it to a cron?

I do have TV working now, but it requires me to log on as root and manually run the iptables command, I'd like to have this run after the GUI is available, or on a cron every x minutes so it will apply shortly after rebooot...

TIA
    Félix
Children
No Data