This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ethernet (WAN) link error

New here, not very proficient in linux. I get the issue from time to time but it's gotten worst the past couple of days. I lose my internet connection and eventho the external WAN state is up, the link shows error. The only way I've been able to fix it so far is to reboot the PC. Please help as my wife is pushing me to dump Astaro but I think it's a great product. Let me know what log I should check that can help.
I'm using astaro 
firmware version 9.006-5
Pattern version 45077

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, knoameshie, and welcome to the user BB!

This is usually a hardware-type problem.  If you have a Realtek NIC, replace it with an Intel.

If you're good in the hardware choice, try lowering the MTU of the interface to 1300.  If that solves the problem, then move it back up towards 1500 until you find the maximum that works.

If that doesn't work, go to the 'Hardware' tab in 'Interfaces', disable 'Auto negotiation' and try the different fixed speed and duplex options.  You will need to reboot both the UTM and your modem after each change to force the devices to renegotiate.

Any luck?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I will check on the NIC information when I get home but I'm pretty sure it's a Realtek NIC. I believe it's the onboard NIC and it's 100mb. I did ordered a new NIC 1 Gig NIC that should get to me tonight or tomorrow. I'll move the external to it. Do you have a cleaned way to switch the external from one NIC to a new one?
  • I will check on the NIC information when I get home but I'm pretty sure it's a Realtek NIC. I believe it's the onboard NIC and it's 100mb. I did ordered a new NIC 1 Gig NIC that should get to me tonight or tomorrow. I'll move the external to it. Do you have a cleaned way to switch the external from one NIC to a new one?
Children
No Data