This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Concurrent Connections - what happens when you hit the limit

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my Astaro 6.311 to 7.009 and I can see that there is a major reduction on the allowed concurrent connections from 32000 to 1000.

Does anyone knows what happens when you hit the concurrent connections limit ? Will the traffic then just be queued which then for example could result in high ping times / lag when I am gaming ?

Kind regards,
Lars-Heine

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You must be using a home license...

After you hit the connection limit, new connections are refused until the old ones time out / go away.  Most home users (and indeed, small businesses I service as well) never get near the limit... I have heard those folks using file sharing programs do sometimes, however.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Anyone know what the connection timeout is on the firewall?

I've got 1 PC running, windows says there are about 300 current connections (running eMule and Azureus), but Astaro says there are over 900.
    Also, I have the MAX Connections set to 200 in each client.

Thanks,
    Barry
  • Anyone know what the connection timeout is on the firewall?

I've got 1 PC running, windows says there are about 300 current connections (running eMule and Azureus), but Astaro says there are over 900.
    Also, I have the MAX Connections set to 200 in each client.

Thanks,
    Barry
Children
No Data