License extension issue

Hi all,

i‘ve got a problem with basic-guard to full guard license renewal.
The current license will end on 29/10/2024 but the renewed license is A) not showing up in license portal yet and B) starting on 30/10/2024:

In the past new license was applied in myUTM before end date so you could download a license file that contain the old AND new license.
You could upload that file to webadmin and ready to go - smooth transition.

But: in this case there is no complete license file.
I cannot upload new license on 29/10 as not available and not started yet and appliance will probably become unlicensed on 29/10 23:59?
Will appliance/webadmin be still accessible after old license expires remotely? Looks like i can upload new license file only the day after the old one really expired. But i will likely have no access remotely then?

Any ideas howto handle this?

The best would be to get a full license file that contains both licenses to upload upfront. Or at least overlap start-/end-date for at least one day.
Unfortunately licensing support does not want to provide such a file or is not able to. Requests regarding this are ignored.

I need a real-world usable solution for this.
You cannot explain any downtime to customer due to license renewal that‘s already paid…

I had a few appliances with that recently and currently two licenses with this issue upcoming.
There must be a workflow for that. (please no „just switch to XGS instead of renew SG“, in this case customer likes to use until EoL date as there no special requirements)

added info on licenses
[bearbeitet von: FFin um 5:21 PM (GMT -7) am 12 Sep 2024]
Parents Reply
  • Licensing support said: „kindly wait till the date of basic guard license expires and if the license is still not renewed in to Full guard after the expiry of basic guard then kindly let us know“.
    But i don’t want to wait for device becoming unlicensed and then arranging onsite-appointment for renewal with downtime when i see this would likely be an issue upcoming…

Children