This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Connect client multi-user environment: usage, deployment and import

Hello all,

we finished migrating from the "old openvpn client" to Sophos Connect client (which with the UTM still uses openvpn I guess, but that's not our concern / question here) on all our workstations.

We need some pointers for using the Sophos Connect client in a multi-user workstation environment. Use-case: we have several "on call duty" laptops which get around 10 sslvpn profiles per machine and my colleagues of the endpoint team told me (firewall/network team) that the new client does not seem to fit into this scenario as good as the old openvpn client.

And the process of automatic deployment and import of user specific profiles on newly staged or just restaged laptops does seem to be a hassle because the config files can't longer be dropped into a config subfolder like it was in the old client. The user in question does need to import it into the client from / in his windows session; so I was told.

And there are some tickets from users in the field that their profile just vanished but we were not able to replicate the problem so it might be nothing on the software side. But these aside: I would really appreciate some general best practices and solution hints to using the Sophos Connect client in our described environment.

Many thanks and best regards.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.